We currently have a 'Temporary Governing Body' until 11/07/17 which has 13 members and consists of:
- The Headteacher
- Two Parent Governors
- One Local Authority appointed Governor
- One Staff Governor
- Eight Co-opted Governors (they are usually from the local communities).
The Governing Body is there to help the school provide the best possible education for pupils by:
- Helping set the Schools vision and strategic aims, agreeing plans and policies and making creative use of resources
- Monitoring and evaluating performance, acting as a critical friend to the head teacher to support and challenge them in managing the school
- Ensuring that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, to its local community, to those who fund and maintain it as well as the staff it employs
The Headteacher is responsible for the day-to-day organisation and management within the school.
- Governors challenge the Headteacher and school staff, ensuring all actions have a positive effect on children's achievement.
- Governors come into school in school hours several times a term to ensure that the School Development Plan is having a positive effect.
- Governors are informed of actions and procedures in the school, but are not able to make any decisions about the running of the school. They monitor the spending of the school and challenge to ensure the money is spent to raise standards for all children.
- Governors' minutes are public documents and may be viewed on request a term in arrears once they have been agreed by the full Governing Body.
The Governors of Aylesham Primary School are:
|Appointing Body||Name||Term of Office|
|Headteacher||N/A||Mr Ian Rowden||01/09/15||N/A|
|Parent||Parents||Mr James Barnden||19/04/17||18/04/21|
|Co-opted||Governing Body||Mrs Catherine Webster||19/04/17||18/04/21|
|Co-opted||Governing Body||Mr John Mathews||19/04/17||18/04/21|
|Co-opted||Governing Body||Rev Laura Moncaster||19/04/17||18/04/21|
|Co-opted||Governing Body||Miss Kara Satterley||19/04/17||18/04/21|
|Co-opted||Governing Body||Dr Peter Troke||19/04/17||18/04/21|
|Co-opted||Governing Body||Mr Ian Rogers||19/04/17||18/04/21|
|Associate Member||Governing Body||NONE||N/A|
|Clerk||Governing Body||Mrs Linda Dykes||N/A|