At Aylesham Primary School children are taught creatively to select and use appropriate tools safely and effectively to design and make products. They become resilient when evaluating their own work as well as the work of others. In all areas of Design and Technology, children consider the effectiveness of their designs, requirements of the product, also having the opportunities to demonstrate teamwork through the production of their work. All children will have the opportunity to deepen their understanding, knowledge, experience and application in the use of technology. Our aim is to teach children how to be designers across the curriculum and enable them to demonstrate these skills in many areas of learning.
Aims and Objectives
-To deliver programmes of study for Key Stages 1 and 2 of the National Curriculum in Design and Technology.
- To develop imaginative thinking in children and enable them to discuss their likes and dislikes of the work of others and when designing themselves.
- To enable children to talk about how things work, to design and model their ideas.
- To encourage children to select and use appropriate tools and techniques safely when making a product.
- To explore and evaluate the work of current designers and develop an understanding of the history of design.
- To develop an understanding of technology, product and their place and contribution to our society.
- To have recognition of purpose in mind when designing and making products.
- To design, produce and evaluate with enjoyment and recognition of a purpose in mind.