PE and Sport Premium
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
PE, Sport Premium Plan and Impact
It is important to our school community; pupils, teachers, parents and governors, that sport and physical education have a high profile within school and that our pupils have access to a wide range of sporting opportunities.
Our allocation of the PE Premium funding therefore supports our whole school vision and ethos to ensure that all children achieve their full potential.
“To create a learning community that is prepared for an ever changing future; that believes in the unlimited potential to improve themselves and others in the world around them.”
What is Sports Premium?
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, you can use your funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools