Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
We currently have a Governing Body' which has 13 members and consists of:
- The Headteacher
- Two Parent Governors
- One Local Authority appointed Governor
- One Staff Governor
- Eight Co-opted Governors (they are usually from the local communities).
The Governing Body is there to help the school provide the best possible education for pupils by:
- Helping set the Schools vision and strategic aims, agreeing plans and policies and making creative use of resources
- Monitoring and evaluating performance, acting as a critical friend to the head teacher to support and challenge them in managing the school
- Ensuring that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, to its local community, to those who fund and maintain it as well as the staff it employs
The Headteacher is responsible for the day-to-day organisation and management within the school.
- Governors challenge the Headteacher and school staff, ensuring all actions have a positive effect on children's achievement.
- Governors come into school in school hours several times a term to ensure that the School Development Plan is having a positive effect.
- Governors are informed of actions and procedures in the school, but are not able to make any decisions about the running of the school. They monitor the spending of the school and challenge to ensure the money is spent to raise standards for all children.
- Governors' minutes are public documents and may be viewed on request a term in arrears once they have been agreed by the full Governing Body.
|Governor||Category and appointment||Position||Meeting % attendance||Term of office||Business Interests|
|Mr Michael Ashley||Co-opted Governor - appointed by Full Governing Board||Chair of Governing Board||100 % 7/7|
21/11/17 to 20/11/21
Re-appointed 21/11/21 to 20/11/25
|Governor at Vale View Primary School and Trustee/Director of Whinless Down Academy|
|Mr Duncan Comber||Staff Governor - elected unopposed by staff at Aylesham Primary School||100% 2/2||21/04/22 to 20/04/26||Member of staff at Aylesham Primary School|
|Mr Idorenyin Etokakpan||Co-opted Governor - appointed by Full Governing Board||100% 6/6||13/10/21 to 12/10/25||Parent of pupils at the school|
|Ms Margarita Gwanzura||Co-opted Governor - appointed by Full Governing Board||50% 3/6||13/10/21 to 12/10/25||None declared|
|Mr David Hodkin||Co-opted Governor - appointed by Full Governing Board||50% 1/2||23/03/22 to 22/03/26||None declared|
|Mr Oyedola Oyediji||Parent Governor - elected by parents of Aylesham Primary School||100% 2/2||21/03/22 to 20/03/26||Parent of a pupil in school|
|Mrs Heather Ratcliffe||Co-opted Governor - appointed by Full Governing board||57% 4/7||20/05/20 to 19/05/24||None declared|
|Mr Ian Rogers||Local Authority Governor - approved by KCC and appointed by Full Governing Board||86% 6/7||12/03/20 to 11/03/24||Lecturer at the University of Kent at Canterbury|
|Miss Nicola Spencer||Parent Governor - elected unopposed by parents of Aylesham Primary School||71% 5/7||13/11/20 to 12/11/24||Parent of a pupil at the school|
|Mrs Catherine Webster||Co-opted Governor - appointed by Full Governing Board||Vice-Chair of Governing Board||100% 7/7||12/07/17/to 11/07/21 Re-appointed 13/07/21 to 12/07/25||None declared|
|Mr Roger Wragg||Co-opted Governor - appointed by Full Governing Board||43% 3/7||16/05/18 to 15/05/22 Re-appointed 16/05/22 to 15/05/26||None declared|
|Vacancies||1 x Co-opted Governor|